Monday, August 19, 2019

Die Cut Obsession at Impression Obsession - Butterfly Notes


Welcome to another Die Cut Obsession day, where we showcase some of our fabulous Impression Obsession dies.  You can find links to the other designer's cards on the IO post HERE.   My card today was inspired by the Andy Williams song Pretty Butterfly....
Links to Impression Obsession dies/stamps:
I started with a white A2 card, and brushed some faded jeans and chipped sapphire distress ink onto the left side.  I stamped the Sing word along the left edge twice, once full ink, and then second generation inking.   

I die cut the Medium Butterflies die and the Fancy Butterfly from white card stock.  I stamped portions of the Cover-A-Card Music stamp onto the main butterfly and two of the small ones, and colored the antennas blue.  I added the butterflies to the card front, curling the wings up, and added some blue rhinestones.

I stamped the Celebrating YOU verse from the Life Stuff Sentiments stamp set, and white embossed it, then added it with foam tape to the front of the card.  I also embossed the Happy birthday verse from the same set for the inside.

And, the inside:
 
I used some of the negative areas of the die cut to brush ink through.  Then brushed some ink onto the inside, and stamped a portion of the music notes.  Added the HB verse.

So that's a wrap for today.  I hope you like my card, and I've inspired you to take out your dies and have a play!   You can find all of the Impression Obsession's dies HERE.
I am adding my card to these challenges today:
Addicted To Stamps - CAS card
Lil Red Wagon - I'd like to teach the world to sing (use music/songs to inspire you) I used Andy Williams' Pretty Butterfly 
Simon Says Wednesday - Midsummer blues
AAA Cards- Along the edge/inspired by a song


I appreciate you visiting today, and I look forward to reading your comments.

Blessings,
 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Linda! Always love that shade of blue, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is particularly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color blue and butterflies...two of my favorites for cards. Your's is so beautiful! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful is your inky border! Perfect for the butterflies to settle on and mega gorgeous in all the shades of blue. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards Along the Edge challenge, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - and such a lovely design too!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, anything with a musical reference always catches my eye... I just love them both!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely sponging with your fun bflies. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of using the music stamp to decorate the butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!