Friday, August 16, 2019

Heavenly Peace Forest Scene

How's your summer going?  Here in the northeast US, we've been having lots and lots of sunshine and heat.  Days are beginning to get shorter, and there's a hint of autumn in the air.  The geese have even begun their long trip south already.  It's a bittersweet time of year for me.  I love my garden, and lots of summer activities, but fall is my very favorite season.

But I digress.  I wanted to stop in and post a card I made with one of the Impression Obsession new fall/winter stamp release stamps, FOREST SUN.
Forest Sun L13829
Heavenly Peace Word C20767
All In One Frames DIED291-WW

I started with a panel of bristol vellum paper, and added some distress ink with ink blending brushes.  Then I inked the Forest Sun stamp with Ranger Archival inks and used my Misti so that I could stamp until I achieved the depth of color I desired.



I added more distress ink in the background to create the sun spot and the grasses areas.


I stamped the Heavenly Peace Word onto a scrap piece of the same paper, which I had distressed with my ink blending brushes.  I framed it with a die cut made from a die included in the All In One Frames die set, cut from gold metallic paper.  I added it to the card front, along with some gold metallic twine.



I added some ink distressing INSIDE the card, and a portion of the Forest Sun stamp. 

I hope you like my card today.  It was a very easy card to make, due to the nature of the large stamp.  It stamps beautifully, and cleanly, and has many possibilities as far as adding colors according to the seasons.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy these last few weeks of summer!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Lynda, this card is so beautiful, so inspiring. You've introduced me to so many great stamps from IO...thanks for sharing your card and products that continue to find their way to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!