Monday, August 12, 2019

Old Is New at Impression Obsession - Pretty Peony



Welcome to Old Is New day once again at Impression Obsession!  We have lots of lovely inspiration for you from our designers, using some of our older stamps.  My card today features a few of these stamps from the past that I still use and love.
Pretty Peony F8739
Boho Star H23028
What You See B17265
Everything A Season L13799
Silhouette 2 E5552

I decided to stamp the Pretty Peony on Strathmore canvas paper with abandoned coral distress ink.  I watercolored the image with abandoned coral and ripe persimmon distress inks.  I masked off the image, and added abandoned coral distress ink with a brush tool.  I added some stamped leaves with the Silhouette 2 stamp, and also stamped the Boho Star .  Finally, I added some of the script of the Everything A Season stamp.

 
I also added some frayed burlap distress ink to the upper portion of the panel, then repeated the process of stamping the elements, with the exception of the peony, with the frayed burlap.


I love the way the stamped images look on the canvas paper!  It gives them a vintage type of look, I think.


Finally, I stamped the What You See verse.  I used my Misti for this, as the paper is quite textured, and I wanted a crisp, clear script.

And for the inside:
INSIDE
That's it.  A little different, with the canvas paper.  But I like to shake things up a little now and then!  

You can see the other designer's projects through the links on the IO blog HERE.  
Be sure to check them out, and it would be great if you could leave these gals some love.  We love what we do, and like to hear that you enjoy our efforts and are encouraged and inspired by our work.

Thanks so much for visiting today.  

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! And I particularly like the texture added by the canvas paper -- something else to give a try.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!