Saturday, July 4, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Nature

Happy Saturday!  And happy Independence Day July 4th to all my American friends!   Today starts the new Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The optional theme is Nature.  I chose to use birds on my card today.  I have been enjoying watching the birds in my backyard garden this summer, so I am inspired to use them on my nature card.
Penny Black stamps:

I stamped the birds on branch image,The Sweetest Sound,  onto watercolor paper in my Misti.  I used Arteza Real Brush Markers to 'ink' the image.  I added more blossoms to the branch with the markers.

I added some color to the background by brushing some color from the real brush markers onto a ceramic palette  then using a water brush to add some watered down color to the background.  I then added some images from some older PB stamps for background interest.

I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink to add the verse, from the Special Thoughts set.  

Inside, I used the Gifts From Above set.  I thought this verse was inspiring for these times in which we are living.

I hope you are inspired to join us in the fun at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month.

Thanks so much for visiting today.  I appreciate you comments.

Blessings,





5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is STUNNING Lynda! LOVE your gorgeous blooms on the branches along with the random script background. LOVE how you've turned the birds into cardinals. AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lynda - fabulous stamping!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynda, I was anxious to read how you made this gorgeous card! Simply stunning! I just got some of the Arteza pens-a bit of a learning curve but looks like you have it nailed! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite stamps and I LOVE how you've used it, Lynda! This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so stunning, Lynda! I love your use of colour and the way you have slightly altered the image to make it yours! I love it, but am never confident enough to publish anything! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!