Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Summer Leaves Card from Fall Stamp



Happy Tuesday!  My card today uses one of the new fall/winter release stamps.  I am not ready for either fall or winter just yet, so I decided to use this fabulous leaf stamp with summer coloring instead.  Don't get me wrong, fall is my absolute favorite season, and this image will get plenty of fall ink action, a bit later.  For now, I'm enjoying my summer garden, in full bloom and lush!

I know I am not alone when I get anxious and stressed with the way things are going in the world.  Our lives are turned upside-down.  Normal seems a fond memory.  I miss my family and friends.  And hugs, and shared meals, and, well, you know, of course.  So, I decided I will NOT wallow in what I do not have, rather, enjoy what I do have, Now!  
I will begin by being more gentle with myself, as this stamps says.  I realize I have been putting pressure on myself to act a certain way, to do more, to be more, to hide my fears.  This phrase reminds me that it's ok to have these feelings now and then.  It's normal.  These negative feelings are like persistent children.  They persevere until you acknowledge them, then they move on.  So, I will acknowledge my anxiety, stress and fears.  I will allow them, feel them and deal with them, then I will send them on their way.  And I will be gentle with myself.  I hope you will be gentle with yourself, also.

Now, finally, onto my card for today....
IO stamp links:

I stamped the Fall Foliage image a few times with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink onto a Bristol vellum panel.  I used Arteza Everblend alcohol markers to 'paint' the leaves.  I love these alcohol markers.  I use them with my Copics, to help round out my color palette.  I love the way these blend, and they also play well with the Copics.

I added some shading with a very light gray Everblend marker.  The Be Gentle verse is offset with a scrap of striped pp, and some black pearl accents added for embellishment.                                I kept the inside simple with the images stamped lightly, leaving room for a personal note.
Inside
I love to make and send these types of cards, especially now.  There are so many people who can use a little encouragement, don't you think?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!