Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Impression Obsession Old Is New Day - Eucalyptus Branch Hugs

 
 
Hello friends.  It's time for another Old Is New day at Impression Obsession, a day to use some of the older stamps in the line.
 
I am featuring a CAS card today.  This is out of my comfort zone, as I love embellishing and layering, and lots of texture.  But, every once in a while I stretch myself with a CAS challenge. 
 
IO Stamps/Dies Links:
 
On watercolor paper, in my Misti, I stamped the Eucalyptus Branch with antique linen distress ink.  I used Kuretake Gansai watercolor paints to paint the image.  I painted in layers, building up color as I went from leaf to leaf.  When it was dry, I added some spatters.

I stamped the Sending Hugs verse onto a tag I had cut from the Small Tags die, and added it with some twine around the card.  I attached this panel to a soft heather panel, then onto an ivory A2 card front.
 
Inside, I stamped the Eucalyptus Branch 1 with weathered wood distress ink.


 
 
 
 
That's it.  Clean and simple.  Easy-peasy.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your comments.

 
 
 
 I am adding my card to these challenges:
Time Out Challenge - Quick (easy, quick to make)

 
Blessings,














































3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lynda and you do CAS wonderfully. I like the subtle layering of colours and the soft splatter adds to an arty feel. I like you used the twine to add some texture and it really suits the vintage feel to your card. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful details. So detailed and soothing!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really captured the colors of eucalyptus so beautifully. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!