Saturday, November 21, 2020

Penny Black Christmas Poinsettia Card

 

Greetings, and happy Saturday.  Today is the midway point of the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme this month is Anything Goes, with optional Bingo.  
 
For my card today, I chose a couple of much older Penny Black stamps from my stash.
 
With the holly swirl stamp, I colored the stamp with distress inks, and stamped it onto a cream card stock panel.  I repeated this inking and stamping all the way around the cardstock, creating a holly border
 
For the main image, I inked the poinsettia stamp, and stamped it onto a piece of vellum.  I added some spatters of distress ink, and the verse.
 
I attached the vellum to the holly panel with brads, and outlined the holly panel with my gold leafing pen.
 
I attached the panel to a red card front.
 
That's it.  I just love the Penny Black brush stamps.  They make it easy to create pretty cards that look watercolored.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you will join us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  We would love to see what you create! 

Blessings,


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lynda ....
    Love the background xx
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lynda - love how you layered the vellum.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Lynda! I love the way you've used the vellum! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!