a day for us to use our older stamps and show them some inky love.
This Watercolor Holly just fit my mood today.
I wanted to play with inks and water, and there it was!
IO Stamps Links:
And here's how I made my card:
- On recycled bristol card stock, I used my Misti to stamp the
Watercolor Holly image. I used light green for the first stamping.
- I added various colors of distress ink, using the minis for this, spritzing lightly with water between stampings. I repeated several times, until I had the look I was going for.
- With a wet paintbrush, I added some of the same colors around the background.
- When it was bone dry, I used a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to outline some of the areas on the image. I did this one section at a time, so it wouldn't dry, then added gold embossing powder and heated to add the gold highlights.
- I made some dots with the pen, and embossed them.
- I gold embossed the Simple Joys verse.
- INSIDE: I lightly stamped portions of the Celebrate His Love image, then stamped the verse with gold pigment ink.
I hope you will find some time to show some of your older stamps some love today. If you would like some more inspiration, you can find links to the other designer's blogs here.
I appreciate your visit to my blog, and thank you for your lovely comments.