Welcome to Day One of the Impression Obsession March 2021 Release Celebration!
The new stamps are available NOW! You can find them all HERE.
If you came from the Impression Obsession blog, you are in the correct place. The next stop after mine is Vicky Garrett's blog.
We will be giving away THREE Impression Obsession $25 gift certificates for the event - so the more you comment through our Release Celebration the more chances you have to win!
All comments for each of the event days will be open until March 8th, at midnight CT. All winners will be announced on March 9th, on the Impression Obsession blog.
I have two cards for your inspiration today.
Card One: Keep Looking Up
IO Stamps Links:
How I made it:
- On a watercolor paper panel, I stamped the Sideview Sunflower image with VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink.
- I painted the flower with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints, and added some shadows and highlights with Polychromos colored pencils.
- Using the ACLD Marvelous Masks Rectangle Deckle Stencil, I brushed in some dusty concord distress ink, very lightly. I kept the mask on while I lightly stamped parts of the French Text CAC. (I used a mask that I had fussy-cut over the flower before adding the ink).
- I stamped the Looking Up verse, and added some black domed pearls.
Card Two: Hey There, Sunshine!
- On bristol card stock, I stamped the Small Sunflower twice, using a pale yellow distress ink.
- I water colored the images with Gansai Tambi watercolors and fussy cut them, putting them aside.
- I added some patterned paper to a white A2 card front.
- On a strip of black card stock, I white embossed the Hey There Sunshine verse. I added the strip along the pp, and drew a thin white line with my white Jelly Roll.
- I stamped some of the foliage from the Pretty Pitcher clear set, and spattered some black acrylic ink.
- I layered and added the Small Sunflowers to finish the card front.
So, there you have my Day One cards. I will be back tomorrow with two more cards for Day Two.
Next on the hop is Vicky Garrett's blog. You can find a list of all the participants for Day One HERE. Be sure to check out their inspiration.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Don't forget to comment on each blog for your chances to win one of three $25 gift certificates to the IO Store!