Friday, June 8, 2018

Sun Kisses With Colored Pencil Bokeh

Today I thought I would try a new technique, to me.  Bokeh is not new, but I had never tried it in colored pencil.  So, here's what happened....
 STAMPS:  Sunflower Duo
               Sunflower Sentiments (set of 2) 

These stamps are part of the Technique Junkies June new release hop.  

If you simply must have them, just use my code, TJ10Lynda, at the Technique Junkies store.  Today is the last day to get 15% off the new release stamps.  Use my code, and also get 10% off products and other stamps.

So...onto my card details:

I began this card with a panel of 110# white card stock.  I stamped the sunflower duo on the panel with black India Ink, and colored it with Polychromos colored pencils.

I used my colored pencils to create the bokeh background.  I watched many videos on the technique, and mostly followed this You-Tube video by RavenFox.  I did a couple of practice pieces first, to decide on the colors I wanted to use.  Here's a close-up view.....
 
And the inside of the card....
A little layering, and the sentiment layered up with foam tape and a bit of twine, and a sunflower charm from my stash finish off the card.

Hope I've inspired you.  I encourage you to try something new to you.  I'm glad I did.  I need lots more practice, but it is a great way to get some new techniques in my repertoire! 

Stop by and say hello to the Design Team, and check out the amazing inspiration there.  

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Thanks for visiting, and for your comments.  I look forward to each and every one.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

The Flower Challenge - Use a previous challenge (#13 - Use your favorite flower)

Little Red Wagon - Use a flower

The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge

Blessings,

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Amazing success with your first attempt at the technique!!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colouring Lynda and love the stamp you have used. I can see why its a favourite. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!