Friday, June 1, 2018

Technique Junkies June New Release Blog Hop



Welcome to the Technique Junkies June New Release Blog Hop!   If you are here from Beth Norman's blog
you are in the right place.  If not, head on over to the Technique Junkies blog to start at the beginning of the hop.

When you make your list, remember that all of the June new release stamps are 15% off until June 8th!  Your discount will be applied at checkout.  To get 10% off any non-release stamps, please use my code TJ10Lynda. 

Now, pour yourself a cuppa, sit back, relax, and enjoy the hop!  I have a couple of cards to share today, with a little sneak peak of more to come soon.
Card 1....
 STAMP:  Flamingo
As you can see, this is a single flamingo stamp.  For my card, I stamped the flamingo (the one in the center), then masked it, and stamped one on the left and one on the right.  When I removed the mask, the magic of three walking flamingos appeared.  Tip - the 'full sticky' Post-It notes work very well for making masks....and the flamingo fits on it except the very bottom part of the legs, which I didn't need to have masked anyways.

I watercolored the images with Gansai Tambi watercolors.  When dry, I used VersaMarker pen over the images, then added clear embossing powder and clear-embossed the colored flamingos.  I did this in order to create my background without disturbing the ink on the images, so it would not run.  I also like the way the embossing makes them 'pop.'

Close up
I used Tim Holtz distress inks and the ink applicator to blend my background colors, and added some swirls to the water with the distress marker.  I decided to save the verse for the inside of the card.  I mounted the panel onto a black card base to frame in the scene.

Card 2....
STAMPS:  Mermaid Kisses - set of 5

I created the background on Strathmore bristol vellum with Arteza watercolor pencils.  I added various blues and greens onto the bristol, then activated with water.  I used sweeping motions with the brush to create the water.
For the sandy bottom, I used the watercolor pencils also (on a separate piece), then cut it out and added it to the bottom of the panel.  I hand drew the seaweedy things 9like that word?) with colored pencil.  The verse (from the same set) was stamped with black India Ink.  

The mermaid and starfish were stamped separately and water colored with the watercolor pencils also, then fussy-cut and added with foam dimensional tape.
A few clear droplets from Studio Katia to finish off the card.  Then a black layer and onto a blue card.  Don't tell anyone...but I kinda messed up the card by mounting the layer incorrectly...it opens from left to right instead of right to left.  I'll give it to my daughter, since she is a 'lefty!'

From here, hop on over to  Pat Huntoon's blog for more inspiring ideas with her release projects.  

And remember, to get 10% off non-release stamps to use with the new release stamps, which are 15% off until June 8th, Just use my code TJ10Lynda.



Here's a 'sneak peak' at more of my cards to come for this release during the next couple of weeks.... 

  



I am adding my first card, flamingo, to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Create your own challenge 
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge    


Thanks for visiting!  I appreciate you taking the time to stop in, and love to see your comments.
Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. Wowza, that flamingo card rocks my world. You did an awesome job creating the scene. I wondered how you managed the scene. Thanks for the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are AMAZING, Lynda! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flamingos! The background is so tranquil and makes the birds pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Lynda. Love the flamingos and the background you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Love love love the flamingo card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Lynda! I love the flamingos and the sunset you've created looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!