Sunday, June 3, 2018

Map Collage Father's Day Card

Are you enjoying the Technique Junkies June release blog hop?  If you have not visited the hop yet, be sure to stop over and say hello, and check out the amazing inspiration of the TJ design team.  HERE's the link to the hop.

For Father's Day, I made this card for my hubby....
 
STAMP:  MAP COLLAGE

Like this stamp?  Yep, it's all one glorious stamp!  You can get it HERE at the Technique Junkies store, at a 15% discount until June 8th!  Be sure to use my code, TJ10Lynda.  Any non-release stamps or other products you purchase will also be 10% off with my code.
CLOSE UP
I started with a panel of Strathmore bristol smooth card stock, and used Tim Holtz distress inks in browns and blues, with the ink applicators, to sponge on color where I thought the land and water would be when I stamped the image.

I stamped the image with Ranger archival ink in the color 'coffee.'  I used my Misti to stamp the image, as I wanted to be able to stamp it over again until the image was the depth I wanted it to be.  

I used a gold Krylon pen to add the gilded edge around the image and around my hand-written father's day verse.  I dyed some baker's string by running it through a blue distress pad, and tied on an anchor charm from my stash.

That's it!  Easy-peasy.  

Oh, and the baker's string, well, every once in a while I must make the sacrifice to go to our town bakery for their delish cake squares - JUST to get the string that they generously tie around the little boxes.  Really...that's the only reason I buy them!  Hey...we gotta get our craft supplies somewhere, right? 

Don't forget to enter the Technique Junkies Challenge HERE!  You might just win yourself a $25 TJ gift certificate!  You have until June 10th to enter.  Check out the details at the above link.  If you would like more information about what an ATC is, you can read all about it and see some samples at MY POST HERE.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - masculine
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
 
Thanks for visiting!  I look forward to your comments, and really appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog.  Hope you took away some inspiration today!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Lynda. I love how the image looks "old."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome masculine card. My dad would love it! He’s a commercial fisherman. Thanks for joining us last week for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!