Saturday, November 3, 2018

Poinsettia Wall Art

Today I am posting a project for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme is anything goes, with optional 'anything but a card' sub-theme.  I decided to make something for the Christmas holiday for my wall....
I'm afraid it didn't photograph well, with my front hall lighting, but you get the idea.  

I had the matted frame, and just removed the photos that were in it and replaced them with these little vignettes of artwork.  The glass will help protect them and keep them looking crisp. Each opening is about 3" x 4 1/4".

I used all Penny Black poinsettia stamps, TH distress inks, and Arteza watercolor paper.  My Misti was a must, also.  

The technique for each was the same.  I started each by placing a slightly larger piece of Arteza watercolor paper cut slightly larger than the mat opening into the Misti.  Then I used my TH distress mini ink pads to add color to the image, and stamped it onto the watercolor paper.  I used a paint brush and water to blend out the color and give it a watercolor look.  I kept adding additional colors for shading, stamping, adding water, and stamping again to get the detail back in, until I had achieved the look I wanted.

I added distress ink with my makeup brushes to give each a vintage feel.  I also added some other Penny Black stamps for accents here and there on each panel.  Here are some close-ups of each panel:

Upper left panel....
 Stamps:  Solitaire, Letter Background

Upper right panel.....
Stamps:  Poinsettia & Pine, Scroll Border, Letter Background


Bottom right panel....
Stamps:  Scarlet Majesty, Letter Background, Deco Border

Bottom left panel...
Stamps:  PB poinsettia from my stash (unmounted so I don't know the name), Corner Piece, Music backgrouns (unmounted)

I know that the ink will fade over time, but I thought I would probably want to change out the artwork occasionally.  Perhaps seasonally.  Or a different Christmas theme each year.  Or some well-loved quotes with some stamped art work.  Lots of options here.

Hope you are getting inspired by this month's Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  Be sure to visit to see my design team partners' works of art.  And do play along...you just may win a prize!  You can't win if you don't enter.

I am adding my wall art project to these challenges:
Addicted To Stamps - Anything goes
CAS Watercolor - Christmas florals and greenery
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Craft Stamper November Challenge - Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes 

Thanks for stopping by.  I enjoy your visits and your comments.

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1024570&u=1910541&m=72563&urllink=arteza%2Ecom%2Fcollections%2Fsketchbook%2Dpaper%2Fproducts%2F9x12%2Dwatercolor%2Dpad%2D140lb%2D300g%2D32%2Dsheets%2D2%2Dpack&afftrack=Arteza%20watercolor%20pads


13 comments:

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL project!! So glad you shared it in the Penny Circle Flickr gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Lynda, what a lovely collection of Poinsettias you've framed. I love the Penny Black images and the way you've added the watercolour look after stamping. It has softened the images and made them magical. The frame shows them off wonderfully well. Love it! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That creation is very amazing I love it!
    Big hugs Anja from Penny Black Saturday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall art is AMAZING Lynda!! Wonderful work with your watercolouring and design. Unfortunately, CAS Watercolour is a Card only challenge. We hope you'll play along again sometime with one of your amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful grouping of poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wall art Lynda! The images are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to show off those beautiful pieces of artwork. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece of art to hang on your wall, Lynda. Each poinsettia has it's own 'personality'. Thanks for sharing this with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely piece of art! Beautiful use of colour. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Penny Black Facebook mention! https://www.facebook.com/PennyBlackInc/photos/a.292097994165589/2318718018170233/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is stunning Lynda! What a gorgeous work of art, I wish it was hanging on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous project and will make a very special holiday project. Thanks so much for sharing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and the CAS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work :) thanks for joining Craft Stamper's Take It Make It Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!