Thursday, November 8, 2018

Snowflakes Trio Of Cards

I hope you've been enjoying the 30 Days of Christmas on the Technique Junkies blog.  We are on day 25 today, and Giovanna shared a lovely card for your inspiration.  Be sure to check it out HERE.
http://techniquejunkies.com/snowflakes-set-of-9/ 
I thought I would stop in with a trio of cards using the new SNOWFLAKES SET OF 9 set.  This is a fabulous set of six snowflakes and three verses.

For my first card, I sponged a white A2 card with pink distress ink, then stamped various snowflakes from the set from the top right to the bottom left, using pinks and greens.  The Warm Wishes is from the Season's Greetings Set of 6 set.
Some gems for the snowflakes centers add just the right amount of bling to my card.

Card two features the same Snowflakes set.  This time, I used greens.  I masked off a strip on a white A2 card, and sponged green distress inks, then removed the masks.  A spattering of green shades of snowflakes, with pearl centers, and a verse from the same set complete this CAS card.
I went back to my usual style with my third card.  
For this card, I created my background on mixed media paper using SHIMMERING BLISS sprays.  When dry, I embossed the SNOWFLAKES in gold.  I mounted this panel to a gold shimmer card stock panel, then onto a white A2 card. 

I added a vellum panel, embossed with a verse from the Gifts of Christmas Set of 5, and added it to the panel.  Some gold cord wrapped around offset the gold embossing and shimmery paper.  

I just love the way the SHIMMERING BLISS sprayed background glimmers and shimmers in real life.  It's so rich and regal looking.  

What I love most about this snowflake set is it's versatility.  It goes from CAS casual to elegant or shabby chic easily.  It looks great stamped, or embossed.  And it lends itself to so many art techniques.  I would say it is my favorite snowflake set to date.  A must have in any Christmas/winter stamp collection.  

Remember, ALL Technique Junkies Christmas stamps are 20% off through November 13th.  AND, use my code, TJ10Lynda, for an EXTRA 10% for stacked savings of 30% on Christmas stamps.  Also, 10% off all other stamps and supplies.
Thanks for visiting this evening.  I hope you are enjoying the colors of autumn if you live in an area with this beautiful season.  Tomorrow's forecast is for snow here!  That four-letter word!  Soon the leaves will be gone, making way for some real snowflakes!  Carpe diem!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!