Saturday, September 7, 2019

Butterfly Suite

Welcome to my Saturday morning post!  Today I have an inspiration card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme this month is Anything Goes...with the option of something old and/or neglected.  This stamp is one of PB's older stamps, and has been neglected for some time in my stash.  So, this was the perfect time to show it some inky love.
To further carry the 'old' theme, I distressed the card stock after I stamped the PB Butterfly Suite image, using vintage photo distress ink.  I also tore along the right edge.  I love the vintage feel this technique gives.



I watercolored the image, and added the panel to a panel of grape card stock, thin onto a kraft A2 card.  The happy birthday came from one of my older PB clear sets, Critter Party

I added some gold cording, and some sequins for a little bling and interest.  




Inside:  I used the Perfect Pairing set for the images, and distress inks in vintage photo and dusty concord.

I hope you will join us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  You just might win a $20 gift certificate to our sponsors, 1,2,3 Stitch!  

If you would like to be eligible to be a guest designer on a future challenge, please add 'GDT' after your name in the link-up.

Thanks for visiting today.  Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Lynda. Your color selections create a beautiful vintage look to this card. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!