Friday, September 6, 2019

More Falling Leaves

Today I have a couple of bonus cards for your fall inspiration.  I posted a card in yesterday's post for the Impression Obsession Falling Leaves Challenge.  As I mentioned in that post, I did some 'second generation' stamping of the background leaf stamp on a couple of other panels of card stock.  I also created some watercolor smooshing backgrounds with distress inks using the same colors.  

Today's cards feature those panels and backgrounds.....




 Card 1:

Impression Obsession stamps/dies links:
Stitch Tag DIE874-Y 

Branch DIE007-L
Fancy Leaves C224 stamp

I inked and stamped the Fancy Leaves stamp as described in my previous post HERE onto ivory card stock, then mounted that onto an A2 card front.   
I cut the Branch from the Stitch Tag die, then from a piece of card stock onto which I 'smooshed' distress inks in the same colors as my background.


I inserted the positive of the Branch die into the negative I cut from the tag.  I added a strip of the original background paper along the left edge of the tag, tied a ribbon which I had dyed with distress inks, and used foam tape to give it dimension on the card.


Card 2:

Stitch Tag DIE874-Y 
Branch DIE007-L
Fancy Leaves C224 stamp
Hugs DIE516-A 

This card is assembled the same as above, only I used the watercolor background for the tag, and the ivory for the branch.  


Have you checked out the Impression Obsession Falling Leaves Challenge yet?  If not, head on over and see the artful inspiration from our amazing design team.  And make a card to play along.  You could win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store, and have your card featured on the IO blog!
You have until September 17th to play along.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!