Saturday, March 16, 2019

CAS Jonquils

Happy Saturday to you!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Today I have a CAS card for the mid-way post for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  
Have your joined in the fun there yet?  If not, check out THIS post for some design team inspiration.  Then, make a CAS card and submit it to the challenge.  Who knows, you just might win a $20 gift certificate from our sponsor, 1,2,3 Stitch!  AND, if you would like to be considered for a guest designer spot on a future challenge, just add GDT to your submission.  The deadline for the challenge is 8 PM Friday, April 5th.
I used:  
Penny Black Jonquil 3587K 
Special Thoughts 30-338
Arteza Brush Markers 
Polychromos Colored Pencils

On Strathmore smooth bristol, I stamped the Jonquils, using my Misti and antique linen distress ink.  I used Arteza real brush markers to add color to each petal and leaf, gradually adding colors and building them up, sometimes misting in between with water to get the color moving.  I repeated until I reached the desired look.

When the image was dry - ok, I hurried this part along with my always handy heat tool, because I'm impatient -I brushed some wild honey ink in the image area, fading it out as it went further into the background.  

I added the verse, from the Special Thoughts set, with Ranger archival fern green ink.

I added some spatters, then cut the panel down, having some of the flower peek over the cut line by fussy-cutting that area.

I added my panel to a green A2 card with foam tape for dimension.


On to the inside:






That's it!  CAS and easy-peasy.  Penny Black brushstroke stamps are my favorites!  

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - Favorite stamp, image or die
The Flower Challenge - For the ladies
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Feminine/girly
Sunday Stamps  - Sketch

I hope to see you over on the Penny Black blog.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I appreciate you taking the time to stop in and comment.

Blessings,

10 comments:

  1. Lynda, this card is a delightful glimpse of Spring. Like your use of the daffodils both inside and out. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Spring creation Lynda, Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and sharing a favourite stamp - I know how difficult it is.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful flowers! Lovely style, and I love your bright fresh colors, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card, a great stamp and a lovely design. Thank you for joining our 'Favourites' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youor coloring the flower soo adorable
    I love the way you did it
    looks like you painted it woooww
    great Flowers card

    Many thanks for using my sketch on our 200th Birthday Callenge at Sunday Stamps.
    If you visiting my Blog Post I have giveaway and send to all around the world
    for Ladies in the USA my other DT teamie has also giveaway :)
    dont miss it
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at our 200th challenge celebration at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful way in which you colored these Daffodils, so fresh and so pretty.
    Beautiful design with the detail cut on the main panel.
    Thank you for playing at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, beautiful colouring.
    Thank you for sharing your creativity over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your favourite stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely floral card! I love how you softened it up- gives it lots of depth. :) Thanks so much for joining our 200th challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!