Saturday, March 2, 2019

Silly Birthday Cat

It's time for a new challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme this month is CAS (Clean and Simple).  This is not easy for me, but I managed with my card for the challenge.  Hey, this is about as CAS as I get!


Stamps:  Penny Black 'Bubbly' 30-012
              Penny Black 'Critter Party' 30-013

On Canson mixed media paper (see below for special deal)** I stamped the kitty with VersaFine Claire nocturne ink.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks to paint the image. 

I used my Micron Pigma pen to draw a frame around the image.  I masked it off, then brushed twisted citron distress ink around the outside of the frame.

I wanted my card to be single layer for a challenge requirement, also to keep it CAS, so creating a framed element without using layers gives the impression of layers and dimension.  

Just three little black pearls, and that is that.  I did make an inside, keeping that simple, as well.

I hope you found some inspiration in my card, and will join us for this fun challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.    You have from today until Friday, March 29th to enter your project(s).  Who knows, you just may win a gift certificate to 1,2,3 Stitch.  If you are interested in being a guest designer for future challenge, add 'GDT' to your entry.

** For that special on the Canson mixed media paper, just use my link HERE  to get to Blick Art Supplies.  They have a special now on the Canson mixed media paper pads.  The 9 x 12 pad offer is buy one, get one same size and type free. While supply lasts!!  He has free shipping right now on $35+ orders.  And his prices are usually lower than most.

This is lovely paper.  I use it often for colored pencil, or when doing light water coloring, as in my card today.  It handles water well, and takes pencil beautifully.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon - Stamp something you love (PB stamps/cats)
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Watercooler Challenges - All about occasions
Freshly Made Sketches -

The Library Challenge

I hope you are finding time to create something beautiful this weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always appreciate your visits and encouraging comments.

Blessings,
 

11 comments:

  1. This is fab Lynda!
    Love how you created the illusion of dimension with the border!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post on Facebook and came over to check this out in more detail, and I'm glad I did! The inside of the card is as perfect as the outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda
    Fabulous card... love your outlay...
    I don't do CAS either... find it difficult...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun image! Delightful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! You added so much interest with your faux layers and your little kitty is so cute. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love that cat!!! What a fun background too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and beautifully made card - I love the use of lime.Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It´s a long time since i´ve used a PB stamp but it´s always nice to see them. Lovely card !

    Thanks for joining our "Love it " Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week. Hope to see you back again soon !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the frame you created! Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable and very well made card. I really liked it - so I also wish that you had also followed the rules of the Seize the Birthday challenge! Please refer to them at the bottom of the challenge page and join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!