Thursday, March 21, 2019

Happy Easter Challenge At Impression-Obsession


It's time for a new challenge at the Impression-Obsession blog .  The theme is Happy Easter.  And what says Easter more than Easter lilies?  

I used stamps from the Impression-Obsession set:
Lilies Of The Field CL929 

I water colored the image using Daniel Smith watercolors, then added shading and highlights with Polychromos colored pencils.  
I studied some pictures of white flowers, and they all seemed to have colors in the white petals where there were shadow areas, not just gray.  So, I copied what I saw in nature.




I die-cut the image panel, and distressed the edges with soft pink distress ink, then added another stitched rectangle to layer it onto.  Then I added it all to a soft pink A2 card front.  



I added the Blessed Easter (from the same stamp set), cut with an oval die, with foam tape.  Some pearl accents finish the front design. 

I love the soft, spring colors of this gentle card.  White flowers are always a challenge for me to 'color.'  But I do love them.


For the inside:



I hope you will join us for this challenge.  You could just be a winner of a $25 gift certificate to the Impression-Obsession store!  You can't win if you don't play!



Need more inspiration?  Be sure to check out the other designer's blogs HERE for this challenge.






I am adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted To Stamps - Holiday

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I appreciate your visits and your kind comments.

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. A truly lovely card, Lynda. Especially like the soft color touches on your lilies and the simply stamped design carried over to the inside. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A LOVELY JOB!! I too like to study flowers colors when doing them! ;) AND you even did the inside of your card! BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lilies are so beautiful! Great layout for the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft pink with the green, gorgeous color combination! The lilies are gorgeous and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!