Friday, March 15, 2019

Happy Hybrid Rose

Happy Friday!  I had a busy day today, but really wanted...needed to create something.  So, up to my art room I headed this evening, and this happened....
I used Impression-Obsession's:
Madam Hardy Rose E20669
Fred Said clear set WP915
Rectangle Frames DIE242-YY

I painted the image with watercolors, keeping the style loose and airy.  I've been drawn to that look lately.  I just wanted to play and have fun and not worry about light sources, shading, etc.  I gave it some attention, but not overly.  I just used lots of water, and let it do it's magic with the watercolor paint.  I used Daniel Smith watercolors.


While the image was drying, I die cut the frame die, and used a portion of it for my card.  I attached a piece of vellum to the frame, onto which I had stamped the verse.  Then I fussy-cut the rose, and added it to the vellum and frame with foam tape for dimension.  I then attached the frame to black & white striped patterned paper.

I attached the whole shebang to a lavendar panel, then onto a white A2 card.  Some Studio Katia drops add just a little something something.

And for the inside....

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted To Stamps  - Make your mark 
The Flower Challenge - Anything goes
Modsquad Challenge - Layered card
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Feminine/girly
Watercooler Challenges  - All about occasions

And that's a wrap, my lovelies!  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and can do something fun! 

Blessings,


 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower, so gorgeous! Love the water drops! Thanks for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda this is such a beautiful creation, love the vellum behind the flowers in the frame, finishes it off perfectly.Thank you so much for sharing with us over on The Flower Challenge xx Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lynda ! Love the whole design and the fabulous watercolour on your flowers. The vellum soften the black stripes behind to make a beautiful background for these flowers. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!