Monday, March 4, 2019

Die-Cut Obsession - Shamrocks

 


Die-cuts take center stage at the Impression-Obsession blog today.  I have a shamrock card to share with you.


I used the IO DIE065-AA Shamrock for my card.  I die cut it from some Strathmore bristol vellum paper, and added some green distress inks along the edges.  I used the negative part where I had cut the dies from as a stencil, and brushed some color through onto a panel of the bristol.  I added some distressing along the edges, then dyed a piece of card stock a little larger and layered this panel onto that, then onto an A2 card with foam tape for dimension. 


I added the die-cut shamrocks, placing some on the panel, and a couple onto the card front.

I die-cut the DIE174-W Greetings Set a few times and stacked them for the word elements, brushed some color on in ombre fashion, then attached them around the panel.

For the inside of the card, I masked the center, then brushed some of the ink to form a rectangle, then used the remaining pieces of the shamrock die cut as a stencil, and brushed some shamrocks in.


I had lots of fun creating this card.  I got my inspiration from one of Birgit Edblom's cards that I had seen on Pinterest, but I changed mine up quite a bit from hers. 

Have fun checking out what the other designers have made today.  You can find them on the Impression-Obsession blog.


And for the inside:


I am adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Anything goes
Dies R Us Challenge - Men/boys
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge  - All about occasions
  


I hope you were inspired by my card.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and kind comments.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Like how you used the shamrocks, both positive and negative, for this card, Lynda. It's so well crafted, both inside and out. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFULLY DONE! LOVE how the shamrocks are done on the front & the inside! REALLY, BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!