Monday, March 25, 2019

Old Is New Time At Impression-Obsession


It's another Old Is New Day at Impression-Obsession.  I have used one of my favorite older verse stamps with a favorite older leaf stamp for my card today.  


Can you tell that I, like so many others in the northern hemisphere, am longing for the return of green?!  

For my card, I used these Impression-Obsession stamps:  


I created a background using Caran D'Ache Neocolor II watercolor crayons.  I rubbed various green and blue crayons onto watercolor paper, then spritzed with a generous coating of water.  I used a brush to move the color around as I saw fit.  I dried the paper with my heat tool, and repeated, adding color to areas until I liked the look.  
 
Now, I will tell you, this is not for the faint of heart.  You may have heard it said that when you create with watercolor, your project often looks awful before it starts looking good.  This came really close to the circular file, but I persisted at the advice of many who have gone before me.  And I'm glad I did. 


When everything was dry, I used my neocolor II crayons on my Silhouette 18 stamp.  I spritzed the stamp lightly with water, then rubbed crayons onto the rubber image, then spritzed again and stamped it onto my dry background.  I repeated this a couple of times.  Then I misted the panel, getting it nice and damp, but not dripping wet.  This blurred the images, which later became the images that are soft and faded in the background, giving them the impression of distance.  

Then I repeated coloring the stamp, and stamping more leaves.  This time I used less water, and didn't mist after stamping.  This created more defined images.  As the paper dried, the leaves became more distinguishable. 


Finally, I inked the leaves with VersaFine Claire nocturne ink (I used my Misti for this so I could stamp several times, as the paper is rough), and stamped it on the panel.  I repeated this, then stamped the Art of God verse in the same fashion.

I added some spatters by rubbing the crayon onto a block, then adding water and creating a puddle of intense color.  I dipped a paint brush into it, and spattered it onto my card.  I used acrylic paint and water for the white spatters.

I had some fibers in my stash with these same colors, so added them, then layered with foam tape to a blue panel, then onto a white A2 card.

Inside:
I masked a rectangle, and brushed ink outside it, then stamped faint images of the leaves, and added the
Gentle Thoughts verse.

I hope you like my card, and have been enjoying our Old Is New days at Impression-Obsession.  Hopefully we have inspired you to dig out your oldies and show them some ink! 

Be sure to visit the other designer's blogs for more inspiration.  You can get to their blogs from the Impression-Obsession post HERE.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  I look forward to reading your comments and thoughts. 

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. This card is so lovely, Lynda. You've combined colors, images and sentiments so well in your design. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!