Friday, May 8, 2020

Never Stop Making Wishes Card - Week 4 of #WWDB Challenge at Technique Junkies

We are heading into the final week of the #WWDB What We Do Best Challenge at Technique Junkies.  If you haven't participated, get inky and join us.  You just might win a $50 gift certificate to the TJ store!

This week the theme is pretty general.  Make a card that is uplifing and encouraging.  It can be any of the last three weeks topics.  I decided to play with my Arteza markers today....

Never Stop Making Wishes 
Anything Is Possible 

I created the background with #Arteza real brush markers.  I rubbed the markers onto an acrylic stamp block, spritzed it generously with water, then tapped it onto watercolor paper.  I repeated with three colors, drying between, until I had the background the way I wanted it.  I have also done this technique in the past with dye ink pads.

I inked the Never Stop Making Wishes  stamp with VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink, and stamped it onto the dried background.  I drew a narrow frame around it with a .03 Micron pen.  I use these pens for fine line work, particularly when I do Zentangle patterns.  Oh, I also drew a few of the dandelion 'wings' for more of a flurry!  Must have been a windy day. 
I mounted this onto an ivory A2 card front.

Inside, I stamped the Anything Is Possible verse with the same black ink, and added more 'fuzzies.' 

That is it.  An easy card, using a fun technique and just one stamp!  Well, one stamp for the front.  But I usually try to do an inside to carry the theme over.  And an envelope design.  Just makes the whole experience more fun, I think, for the recipient.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I do hope you will join us in this challenge.   You can read all about it, along with rules and prizes, on Pat's Technique Junkies blog post WWDB Challenge HERE. 

Don't forget to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for your extra 10% off your entire purchase from the TJ store.  

And today is the last day for the 25% off the May release stamps!  

Thank you for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with more inspiration.

Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!