Saturday, May 2, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge May Challenge Card

It's time for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme, as always, is Anything Goes.  The optional element this month is 'Inspired By A Song.'

My card was inspired by the song 'Be My Little Baby Bumblebee,' by Doris Day.
Penny Black stamps/stencil:
Fairy Love 30-530
Special Thoughts 30-338
Dotlets 25-007 (stencil)


I stamped the Fairy Love stamp onto a piece of bristol card stock, and colored her with Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils, and a water brush. I masked the image, and brushed distress inks over the background.  I used a die to cut the image.

For the background, on a white A2 card front,  I used distress ink through the dot stencil.  I layered the stamped panel onto the card front with craft foam for dimension.

I added the stamped verse from the Special Thoughts set.

I hope you are inspired to join us in this fun challenge.  Pick a song, and see how it inspires your card making.  Who knows, your entry just may win you a gift certificate to our sponsor, 1,2,3 Stitch!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,
       Fairy Love 30-530
 
https://shrsl.com/29avi

                          Special Thoughts 30-338


                      

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant song choice for this image. Great colouring and I love the spotty background:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she just adorable! I love your choice of song. Your colouring is just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! Love the colours too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!