Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Distress Ink With Impression Obsession Silhouette Stamps

Today is technically day three of the Impression Obsession In Love With Spring Release Celebration.  Today the three designers are in the hop are Angela, Jeanne, and Vicki, and you can see their projects on the Impression Obsession blog HERE.  
ALL of the new stamps are available NOW, and you can find them HERE, on the Impression Obsession store site.

I have a card to share, using one of the new silhouette stamps, and some older ones, with distress ink blending.  
IO Stamp links:
Watering Silhouettes E13850
Find Beauty E13878
Pretty Pitcher WP962

I started with my favorite paper for ink blending, Canson XL Recycled Bristol.  I used my applicator brushed with distress inks to create my blended background.  The trick to getting a smooth application and blend from color to color is to go lightly!  Ink your brush, then swipe it onto scrap paper before taking it to your card.  Start with circular motions, off the card, working your way onto the surface.  Repeat until you have built up the intensity you want.

When the background was completely dry, I stamped the little girl with the watering can, then the foliage from the Pretty Pitcher stamp set.  I did this in my Misti, and as many of you know, my favorite go-to ink for any black stamping is the VersaFine Clair nocturne ink.  It gives deep, full coverage with very little effort.  I use my Misti, so that if it doesn't completely stamp for whatever reason (sometimes there is a speck of glitter or something on the paper), I can stamp it until it has full coverage.

I stamped the Find Beauty verse with blue Ranger Archival ink, in my Misti, repeating as necessary.

A few spatters of distress ink, then mounting onto a black A2 card front.  Can't get much easier than this!  You can create several cards in no time with this method.

I will be back tomorrow with another card with stamps from the new release.  Thanks so much for stopping in today.  

Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. So lovely, Lynda. Thanks for sharing your card and the tip for creating your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love silhouette stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet. I love the image of the girl gardening...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the background you created for this silhouette design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background and your silhouette images look like die cuts. I love how black and crisp they are. I agree that the Versa Clair is awesome but I keep hearing about Gin K's amalgam ink and now Altenew's new black that is supposed to be even darker. Have you tried either? I'd love to hear from someone who loves their Versa Clair as much as me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!