Monday, January 27, 2020

Valentine's Day Card With Real Brush Markers and Dies

Happy Monday!  January has only five days left!  We are about half way through winter.  Here's hoping spring will come early this year!

I have a Valentine card on my blog today, featuring some new stamps from the In Love With Spring 2020 release collection.  You can find the selection of these stamps/dies HERE.  
Here is my card for today....

Stamps/Die Links:
Heart Lolly D23066
Sweet Beautiful You B13114
Love DIE385-B

I stamped the Heart Lolly onto Bristol vellum card stock.  I masked the image, then stamped it again, so one lolly is somewhat behind the other.  

To add color to the images, I used Arteza Real Brush markers and a water brush.  I love the bright, intense colors these markers can give when used full strength.  And when used with water, they have a softer look.  They blend beautifully.  

I white embossed the Sweet Beautiful You verse onto a black card stock scrap, and added it with foam tape.  

I cut the Love die, colored it with the same markers, and added it, cutting another in black and layering it so that it was offset, to complement the black of the verse strip.

A few colorful spatters, and some layering onto an A2 card front finish the front of the card.

Inside:
I stamped and colored another Heart Lolly and fussy-cut it, adding it to the inside of the card.  I hand-drew some squiggly lines and some doodling to create a verse area for a personal note.
That's it!  Easy-peasy!!  

On a personal note, I'm finally almost recovered from a very bad virus that I've had since before Christmas!  I'm back now, in full swing again.   I have missed my craft room, but had absolutely no energy or strength.  

Thanks for stopping in today.  I appreciate your visits and comments.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!