Saturday, September 26, 2020

Fall Card With Watercolor Pumpkin

Today's card features Technique Junkies Pumpkin image.
I decided to use non-traditional colors to paint this image.  
 
 
These are the Technique Junkies stamps I used:
Pumpkin 

(Code below for 10% discount)
 
Here's how I made my card:

  • On watercolor paper, I stamped the Pumpkin  image.  I used distress mini ink pads to ink the image for stamping.
  • I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor to paint the pumpkin. 
  • For the background, I created a blue haze around the pumpkin by diluting the blue and brushing it on with a lot of wat

    Inside
    er.
  • I added the shadows with brown watercolor paint.
  • When that was dry, I inked some of the script portions of the Tulips With Text image, and stamped them intermittently on the background. 
  • Lastly, I stamped the Own Kind Of Beautiful  image with Memento Rich Cocoa ink


  • Inside
  • INSIDE:  I stamped the Pumpkin image with blue distress ink, added some distressing and white highlights.


 
If you are shopping at the TJ store, be sure to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for 10% off your complete order!
 
 
 
 
I was inspired by the fall displays I've seen in the craft and home stores.  Non-traditional colored pumpkins are popular, and I have seen lots of the blue ones in the displays.  So, I tried it!
Challenges:
PaperFunday Challenge - Autumn/Fall
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
 
Blessings,
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blue pumpkin! Great water colouring. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge with Twist at The Paper Funday Challenges this month. We hope to see you again next challenge.
    Smiles, Angela DT Member
    DT
    https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the blue vintage distressed pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!