Friday, September 4, 2020

Watercolor Pitcher With Branches

 

Greetings!  One of my favorite challenges for the Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty is Angie's (OhMyPaper!) challenge.  This card is for that challenge.
I cannot reveal what that challenge is, but if you are a Fan Club member 
at Splitcoaststampers, you can head on over there to my gallery to see it. 
If you are not a fan club member, I recommend you join.  There are so 
many benefits.  You can check them out at the SCS site.
 


I am making this a quick post, as the deadline is 11:59 PM today for submissions to the DTGD challenges, and I have a couple more I want to join in.
 
Stamps I used are all from Impression Obsession:
CAC Music  CC029 (Cover-A-Card stamp)
 
How I made my card:
  • On watercolor paper, I stamped the CoverACard Music stamp very lightly with victorian velvet distress ink.  I inked the stamp, then stamped off much of the color onto scrap paper, then onto the card.  I misted the paper lightly to soften the edges of the stamping, as well, then used a waterbrush to add a base for the pitcher to sit on.    
  • When dry, I stamped the Peaceful Pitcher image.  
  • I stamped the Eucalyptus Branch 1 at the bottom to lean on the pitcher.  For the leaf that overlapped the pitcher, I stamped it again, then added it with foam tape over the one that was overlapping.
  • I painted the pitcher and branches with watercolor, using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  
  • I added the panel to an a soft green A2 sized card front, which I had stamped with the Eucalyptus Branch and white pigment ink.  I added it all to an
    Inside
    A2 card front.
  • I stamped the Hurting verse onto a piece of scrap watercolor paper, added some distressing, then layered it onto vellum with foam tape and attached it.
  • INSIDE:  I stamped the music background with white pigment ink, and some of the leaves with soft green distress ink, onto the same soft green card stock as the front panel, then added it to the inside.
I hope you like my card.  Be sure to visit Splitcoaststampers to check out the DTGD challenge gallery for tons of amazing inspiration.
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
A Perfect Time To Craft  - Anything goes 
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything goes
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and your lovely, encouraging comments.
 
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and serene card! Lovely sentiment.
    Btw your pbsc post hasn't published.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!