It feels good to get my fall stamps and supplies out and inky!
You can visit the other designer's blogs for more inspiration.
Their links can be found on the IO blog post HERE.
IO Stamps links:
Golden Autumn D13937 (Inside verse & word on front)
Here's how I made my card:
- On an cream A2 card, I added a panel of brown card stock.
- I used a leaf branch embossing folder from my stock on a yellow-gold card stock panel, and added that to the card.
- I added a kraft and white gingham ribbon with a knot.
- I cut some circles with a circle stitch die from my stock. I added the kraft circle with foam tape.
- On the cream circle, I stamped the Wheat Stalk and Acorn with Ranger archival ink.
- I painted the images with Derwent Inktense pencils. I used a water brush to activate the 'ink' from the pencils to give a watercolor look to the images.
- I stamped the word 'autumn' from the Golden Autumn verse on a scrap piece of cs, layered it, and added it to the front.
I am starting out my fall stamping with these more subtle tones of fall. Since I love vibrant, strong colors, this is a bit outside the box for me. I don't usually 'do' mellow when it comes to coloring. This verse just seemed to call for these lovely, subdued hues.
Thanks so much for stopping in today. Pull out your fall palette and stamps, and come on over to to play in our challenge. We would love to see what you make. AND, we have a $25 gift certificate to one lucky random winner, chosen from the entries. I hope to see you there! Full challenge info can be found, and you can enter your card/s HERE.