Saturday, September 19, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Luster Stencil And Distress Ink

It's Saturday, and this week it's time for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge Midweek Inspiration.  I have a card using one of PB's stencils today.
    
 
How I created my card today:
  • On ivory card stock, I placed the Luster stencil.  I taped down the card stock and stencil and used brush ink applicators to apply spun sugar distress ink.  I repeated the application until I had the desired color intensity.  

  • I used precision blender brushes to add the shading details with worn lipstick distress ink.  These brushes have more precise brush tips to allow the addition of finer details.
  • For the leaves and stems, I used the same technique, and used brushed corduroy and walnut stain distress inks.
  • I used larger stencil blending brushes to add pale pink distressing on the edges of the card inward. 
  • I added distressing on the edges with brushed cordury distress ink, also.
  • I added the verse from the Special Thoughts set with rich cocoa Memento ink.
And that's it.  I hope you like my card, and you're inspired to join us in this fun 'favorite color' challenge!  I can't wait to see what you create.  And you just might win a prize!  Can't win if you don't play.

Be sure to stop by the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and check out the other designer's amazing projects.  
 
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
The Flower Challenge - Brown and pink
Allsorts Challenge - My lovely garden
Little Red Wagon - Nature, flora, or fauna
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  See you over on the PBSC blog!

Blessings,

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 










































9 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda
    Fabulous card... love how you have coloured the stencil ..... beautiful ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lynda - what a fabulous stencil!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciled roses are very pretty- wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining our "Flora and Fauna" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty floral creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Garden' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shading adds to these beautiful flowers, Lynda! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic creation! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Lynda! I love the way your stenciled roses finished up! SO soft and delicate! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, definitely a next level way to use a stencil! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!