Sunday, September 20, 2020

Fall Leaf Card With Gold And Black

 


Hello, my lovely peeps!  I thought I would shake things up a bit with my card today.  Normally, when I stamp/color fall leaves, I get all into the autumn colors mode, and LOVE that.  
 
Today, I thought I would challenge myself to try something a little different.  I decided NOT to color the leaves.  
 
Stamps I used are all Technique Junkies:
 
Here's how I made my card....
  • On soft brown card stock, I created the background using distress inks in tea dye, brushed corduroy, and vintage photo.  I used ink applicators to apply the ink directly to the card front, adding colors randomly to create a splotchy background, but blended.

  • I stamped the Leaf Group and Leaf Twig stamps onto the background panel.  I stamped some with Versafine Clair Nocturne black ink, and some with gold pigment ink.  
  • I added some dots here and there using a pencil eraser, and a stylus, dipping the eraser and stylus into ink, then onto the card panel to create different size dots.
  • I stamped the verse from the Thanksgiving Blessings set onto a scrap piece of cs.  I cut it into a rectangle, then outlined it with a gold pen, attached it to a black piece, then added it to the panel with foam tape.
  • I used gold cording under the piece before attaching.  
  • I added strips of black and gold cs along the left edge.
INSIDE:  I stamped the verse, the leaves, and added a strip of the front created panel, and a strip of black.
Inside

I love color, and it was a challenge for me to make a card like this, especially since rich, jewel-toned fall colors are my favorites.  But, I am glad I tried it.  I actually kind of like it.  
 
Sometimes it's good to stretch ourselves, to get out of that box.  I may make more cards like this, but I will always love coloring.  I have my fall palette of colors of inks, markers, paints, sprays, etc., all at the ready for my fall/winter card making.  I have inky fingers from earlier color escapades today.  And I will be diving back in to all that glorious color later on.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Feel free to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for 10% off if you are shopping at Technique Junkies!


Blessings,


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous, Lynda! Love the idea of not colouring the images! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!