Friday, October 2, 2020

Santa Mail Collage Card With Distress Ink


I have another card using stamps from the Technique Junkies October 2020 Release.  I love the Snow Covered Pines, and I thought I would use the Santa Mail stamps with it, to create a collage of sorts.
 
TJ Stamps:  Snow Covered Pines
                  Santa Mail Set of 2
                  Van Gogh's Letter (background)
                  Oh Christmas Tree Set of 4 (inside)
                  Snowflakes Set of 9 (background) 
Other:
Postage Stamp Die  - Impression Obsession
Classic Harlequin Stencil - A Colorful Life Designs
How I made it:
  • I created a collage background on ivory card stock by distressing the panel with antique linen and brushed corduroy distress ink.  I applied the ink with brush ink applicators, and took much of the color off onto scrap paper to achieve a soft, pale look.  
  • Using a diamond stencil from my stash, I added some faint diamond sections here and there with the Classic Harlequin Stencil .

  • Using a snowflake from the Snowflakes Set of 9, I stamped it lightly in some areas.
  • Inking some of the script parts of the Van Gogh's Letter stamp, I stamped it lightly around the panel in various areas. 
  • I added some spatters of distress inks to finish the panel, tied some twine around it, and attached it to the card front.  (I added cracked pistachio distress ink around the edges of a white card front before adhering the panel). 
  • I inked the Snow Covered Pines with some green distress inks, and stamped it onto a scrap of bristol.  I cut it to fit inside a frame, which I had cut from a postage stamp die from my stash.
  • I stamped the pieces from the Santa Mail Set of 2 with brown, then added them and the postage pine panel to the card front.
  • INSIDE:  I used the inside of the postage die I stamped, and a portion of the mail stamps, and stamped the verse from the Oh Christmas Tree Set set.  I watercolored a strip of scrap bristol with the colors I was using, and added that along the edge.
Inside





I really loved using these fabulous stamps, and had fun creating m
y card.  I hope you are inspired, and are enjoying the October release.  
If you are headed to the TJ store, don't forget to use my code, TJLynda, for 10% additional off your order!
 
I am adding my card to these challenges:
Dies R Us - Anything goes 
Krafty Chicks - Stamp Act  
Make My Monday - Use up your scraps 
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes 
   
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Blessings,

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors. I'm so glad you joined us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!