Saturday, October 31, 2020

Warm Winter Wishes Card With Slimline Stamp

 

Hello there.  It's a lovely late fall day here.  The sun is shining, and trees have lost much of their brilliance, with their leaves cascading like so many tiny brilliant parachutes.  There's a certain melancholy about days like today, and it is beckoning me out for a long walk along our river trail.  That's where I'm heading right after I post this.
 
So, on to my card.  I used two of the Impression Obsession new slimline release stamps, and two older IO dies.
 
IO Stamps/Dies Links:
 
And here's how I made it:
  • Using my Misti, on bristol card stock, I stamped the Snowy Night Slimline, using distress inks and blending the colors as I stamped.  I stamped it at least four or five times to achieve the density I wanted. 
  • I tore some strips of white card stock to create the snowy hills in the foreground and background, and attached them to the Snowy Night panel.
  • I used the Deer Trio dies to cut the deer, then added them to the hills, placing them as I desired.
  • I used the Fir Trees dies to cut the fir trees, and added them along side the deer and under the hills I had created, overlapping them as I added them to the composition.
  • I stamped the warm winter wishes verse from the Winter Greetings Slimline set with blue ink to match the sky background.
  • I used a paint brush with some watered down Tombow glue to paint highlights on the trees, hills, and snowflakes, and added crystal glitter
    over it.
  • When the glue was dry, I added the panel to a white card front.  It is not a typical slimline size card, but it is a larger card, and I needed the length of the slimline stamps to be able to create the scene long enough to fit.

I hope I have inspired you to try some of these new slimline stamps in the Impression Obsession line.  You can find all of them at the IO store HERE.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!