Welcome to Day One of the Impression Obsession January 2021 Release Celebration!
The new stamps are available NOW! You can find them all HERE.
If you came from Lee Ann Barrett's blog, you are in the correct place. If not head over to the Impression Obsession Blog for the start of the hop.
Today and tomorrow you can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog.
We will be giving away THREE Impression Obsession $25 gift certificates for the event - so the more you comment through our Release Celebration the more chances you have to win!
All comments for each of the event days will be open until Monday, January 4th, at midnight CT. All winners will be announced on Tuesday, January 5th, on the Impression Obsession Blog.
I have two cards for your inspiration today.
Card One: Gentle Thoughts
How I made it:
- On a watercolor paper panel, I stamped the Floral Heart image, using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.
- I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to paint the flower and heart, and used a graphite pencil to add shadows around the outside.
- I made a mask to protect the image, then with dark gray archival ink, I stamped various areas of the French Text for the background.
- On a scrap piece of watercolor paper, I added some of the same color paint as the flower, then stamped the Gentle Thoughts verse, layered the piece to a strip of gray, then added it to the card front.
- I layered the panel to a gray A2 card front, and added some silver foil pearls.
How I made it:
- On bristol card stock, I stamped the Wildflower Heart Wreath with antique linen distress ink, for no-line coloring.
- I colored the flowers and vines with Polychromos colored pencils.
- I added some distressing around the edges with distress ink and an applicator brush.
- The verse from the Warm Fuzzies Sentiments set is stamped with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink.
- INSIDE: I stamped the Wildflower Heart Wreath with pink distress ink, and the One Day At A Time verse.
So, there you have my Day One cards. I will be back tomorrow with two more cards for Day 2. Next on the hop is Vicky Garrett. Be sure to check out her inspiration. You can find a list of all the participants for Day One HERE.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Don't forget to comment on each blog for your chances to win one of three $25 gift certificates to the IO store!