Saturday, January 2, 2021

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Something New


Hello, friends.  It's the first Saturday of the month, and that means it's time for a new challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes, and this month's optional is Something New.
The stamp I used isn't new to the PB line, but it is new to me, so I went with it.

PB Stamps:
Various older stamps in background
Critter Party (older clear set)

How I made my card:
  • On desert sand card stock, I white embossed the Scented Beauty image.
  • I used finger sponge daubers to add distress inks in scattered straw and ripe persimmon to the flowers, and peeled paint and forest moss to the leaves.  I wiped off the embossing with a soft clean cloth.
  • For the background, I used the same daubers to carry some of the colors around the image, then stamped some older stamps faintly intermittently.
  • I stamped the happy birthday from the Critter Party set.
  • I distressed the edges with ripe persimmon distress ink, and added some pearl accents. 
  • INSIDE:  I distressed the inside, then stamped a verse from the Faith Clear set, and added some background stamping. 
Inside

 

I hope you will join us for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  You never know, you just might win a prize!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
Blessings,
 





Scented Beauty






 

 

 Faith clear set


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finger sponge daubers


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the way you did the background!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I never would have guessed it was kraft card! I love the background as well as the beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the embossing to make the flower really stand out. This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, this is my first time to your blog & I'm so glad I found you. I am also a believer in Christ & agree with what you've said in the introduction under your photo. Your card is gorgeous. I love the colours you've used together to make a piece of art. Blessings are wished for you in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, Lynda! I love your wonderful background. So pretty with those lovely roses! Take care and I hope 2021 is a good one for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!