Monday, January 9, 2017

Celebrate Card


I seem to be in flower mode this week with my card making.  I have bunches of flower stamps, and can't seem to stop buying them.  I guess it's my way of dealing with the cold...thinking of spring and colorful posies in my garden.  I am using another new to me stamp set that I received from a challenge prize for my card today.  It is for a couple of card challenges this week, which are listed below.

I used...
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Pretty Posies clear set
Embossing Plate:  Celebrate from the Sizzix shadowpress set
Markers:  Copics

I embossed the celebrate panel on blue card stock, then attached it to an A2 blue card.  It is much more blue in real life.  I really need to figure out when and where to take my pictures for more realistic color results.

The flowers and leaves were stamped onto white card stock, then colored with Copic markers, fussy cut, then arranged onto my card front.  A few specks of black with the brush, and some Spectrum Noir clear shimmer pen on the flowers, which does not show in the pic.   The verse is from the same set.

Now I need to work on more Valentines cards to send to the Cards From The Heart Card Drive for kids in hospitals.  You can read about this card drive by scrolling down to my previous post of January 6th, entitled Furry Kisses. 

I am adding my card to these challenges today:

Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch # 269   

Cas-ual Friday Challenge  - Celebration

The Flower Challenge - Blue and yellow

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

lynda




6 comments:

  1. Loving your happy little card here Lynda! your pretty yellow flowers look so Spring like and cheerful and the blue sentiment completes it so nicely too.Thank you so much for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossed sentiment is eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design and the colours look brilliant. Love this flower stamp, you just reminded me I need to get it out again. Wonderful card, thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge this month. Your support is really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love your pretty posies. Great job coloring them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! The subtle look of the shadowpress is very, very cool and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!