Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thinking Spring Birthday Card

Stampendous Stamps amazing bird in the nest stamp (CRR158 cling nestled bird stamp) takes center stage on this card.  I also used some Stampendous stamps subtly in the background, and their rose stamp in the top left corner.  I'm sorry, I had removed the stamps from the wood a long time ago, so I do not have numbers for those.
I used my Faber Castel Pitt pastel pencils to color the images.  I used some soft pastels for the background, which I had shaved from their block and applied with a cotton makeup remover by rubbing the shavings into the card stock.

The Stampendous birthday verse seemed just the right stamp to use for my sentiment.

Some sequins, twine, and small feathers for accent, and a drop of Glossy Acccents on the leaf for interest and texture finish off my card today.

I am adding my card to these challenges:



Little Red Wagon Challenge - Happy birthday

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  I hope my card didn't make you too anxious for spring!  Although we have had a very mild winter so far in upstate New York, I'm so very ready for some sunshine and warmer temperatures.  And I am anxious to get back to my garden!

Blessings,

lynda





3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Lynda!! :). Thanks for joining the Girlfriends in this week's challenge at Little Red Wagon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Lynda! I love the sweet image and how you colored it with the pastel pencils. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nesting birds are one of my favorite things about spring, Lynda, and you've captured the feel of spring beautifully in your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!