Friday, January 13, 2017

Snowman Birthday Card

Winter birthdays are fun.  They give us something to celebrate after the memories of the holidays have waned, and the long winter days and nights drag on.  Our family, with the exception of hubby, whose birthday is in April, all has winter birthdays!   Daughter in December, son-in-law in January, one granddaughter in December, and the other granddaughter in November.  Then there's me, right at the beginning of March!

Today's card is for my bbf's son, whose birthday is next week....
Stamps:  Penny black snowman, various Penny Black clear stamp sets for presents, snowflakes, and verse.
Dies:  Our Daily Bread Designs double stitched rectangles
Medium:  Copic markers
Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush

I stamped the snowman onto a card stock panel and colored him with Copics.  Since he had a sprig of mistletoe or holly in his hand, I cut out some presents and used a craft knife to make them look as though one is tucked under his arm and he is holding the other.  I added the snowman panel, and the frame to an A2 card.  Some snowflakes with sparkle from the shimmer brush, and a stamped and punched verse finish the card.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge




Thanks so much for visiting.  Please stop back soon.

Blessings,

lynda

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, so very sweet with the adorable snowman! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda I love, love that cute little snowman he is totally adorable, wonderful colouring, thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS I hope you will join us next time.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda, what a lovely birthdaycard. The snowman looks cheerful and is beautiful colored.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie pie ! A really sweet and lovely card and fab colouring on him.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children and I are all winter - it's funny how that happens, isn't it? (And my husband is also the exception in July) Love the cheerful snowman and the snowflakes across the panels. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card! I love that perfectly colored snowman! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and pretty cas-like card Lynda. I love it and I love your super cute snowman. Thank you so much for entering our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and a super sweet PB snowman too.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!