Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Penny Black Challenge Card

Both Penny Black challenges have an 'anything goes' theme this week, so this card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge 
and the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge. 
Stamps:  Penny Black botanical garden clear set
               PB Letter background
               PB beauty
               PB corner piece
               PB damask
               PB antique pattern
I used Tim Holtz distress ink refills with water to watercolor a panel of Bienfang canvasette paper canvas.  When it was dry, I stamped background stamps, then the flower stamp.  After heat setting, I used the refill inks to watercolor the flower bouquet.  I used the Misty tool to stamp the verse, as the canvas paper is very textured, and I knew I would need to stamp it several times to get a clear, solid image.

I had used the canvasette years ago, and decided to pull it out and try again.  I really liked working on it.  I will be experimenting lots more.  I'm especially liking the baroque, vintage look and feel it gives to these images.   Now I'm on a quest to find other stamps I have that will work for this look!  Stay tuned for more.  If you are wondering, I purchased my canvasette paper at Michael's.  I know they still carry it, as I have seen it there recently.

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  I appreciate your visit.

Blessings,

lynda



3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Lynda. Loving your inked and stamped background and wonderful design!
    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us this month at Penny Black and More at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty background and beautiful flower image. thank you for entering our challenge at Penny black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - love the texture!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!