Friday, January 6, 2017

Furry Kisses Valentine's Card


This is my first Valentine's Day card this year.  I'm using another new set, with which, I imagine, I will be making lots of valentines.  I have some feline loving friends, and I am one myself, and, of course, there are our grandkids.  I will also be making a few of these for the Cards From The Heart Card Drive.  Winter, the Winter Wonderland Designs blog owner, will be sending Valentine's cards to kids in hospitals around the country.  If you would like to make some Valentine's Day cards for this drive, and put smiles on kids faces, information and guidelines can be found HERE at Winter's blog.  My friend, Arlene, made some amazing cards for this drive, as well, and I learned about this drive from her.  You can see Arlene's cards on her blog, Sunday Stamper Papercrafts HERE .  
  

For my card I used:
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Furry Kisses clear set
Dies:  Wplus9 Love Showers Layers and Our Daily Bread Designs double stitched circles
Inks:  Tim Holtz distress ink and Memento tuxedo black
Coloring Medium:  Prismacolor colored pencils

I started with gray card stock, cut into an A2 card.  I stamped the kitties and cold red them, then used the double stitched circle die to cut a partial circle around them. Ithen I fussy-cut the image from the inside of the ciircle, and also cut two circles from red card stock.  The solid red circle went on the inside of the card, and the circle frame on the outside, outlining the kitty pair.  I added the sentiments, then some footprints, and die-cut hearts.  

It's slightly time consuming, but worth the effort, I think.

I am adding my card to these challenges today:

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge  - Something new (stamp set is new to me), as are the dies.


Little Red Wagon - Something new

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope to see you back over the weekend.  I have more new stamps that are waiting to be inked!  

Blessings,

lynda 


                

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! All the stamping is wonderful. Neat layout too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!