Monday, April 13, 2020

Hug In A Card

Happy Monday!  I have a card to share today, which features one of the new stamps from the Impression Obsession Summer 2020 release.  If you have not seen the release or been on the blog hop, you can find it HERE

I am starting to get used to the quiet Mondays on our street.  The usual activity of people leaving for work, school buses, and people walking to the bus stop at the corner of the street has given way to a more peaceful pace.  Most cars are staying in the driveways.  Neighbors are helping each other.  Our next door neighbor has been taking our list to the grocery store with her when she goes, about every 1 1/2 weeks.   

Impression Obsession stamps:  
J12220 Wildflowers
D12246 Flowers Bloom
CL492 Warm Fuzzies Sentiments
CL1024 Flower Bits
 
I try not to complain.  After all, we have everything we need, food, shelter, warmth.  Technology keeps us in touch with family and friends far and near.  We do have so much to be thankful for. 


But I miss hugs.  I want to hug my daughter and son-in-law 90 miles away.  I want to hug my granddaughters.  I want to see them in person, sit with them, and do the things we always do.  I am trying to be patient.  

I am fortunate that I have my craft room, and it is loaded with stamps, paper, inks, pens, and everything I need to make cards, journal pages, Zentangle tiles, whatever strikes my fancy.  

And so, I create.  I send cards to family and friends.  They enjoy the cards, and the notes.  I also have received cards and notes, and they really bring a ray of sunshine into our home.  

For my card today, I stamped the image onto bristol card stock, and colored with Arteza Real Brush Markers.  I added the verse and the inside.

Hence, this card with a hug, and a message of hope inside. 
 
INSIDE

I know I'm not alone.  We are all missing our families, our routines, our friends.  We will get through this.  For now, I want to help and encourage as many people as I can, in any way I can.  I will keep creating and sending messages of peaceful and hopeful themes.  
I pray you are staying safe and healthy.

Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!