Sunday, April 12, 2020

Zentangle Quarantine Easter 2020 Project



Happy Easter!!  Like everyone, I am missing being with family this Easter.  I want to hug my kids, grandkids, and everyone!!  I know it could be much worse, so I am grateful for what we do have.  Technology that keeps us close through phones, FaceTime, and FaceBook.  Calls and long distance hugs and laughs with the kids and grands, food in the fridge and shelves, neighbors who are kind and thoughtful and look out for us, and some sunny days sprinkled in for our long walks along the river trail.
 
Zentangle is helping me stay sane through all of the long days.  My paper and pens are an extension of my thoughts and feelings.  My stress melts when I take pen to paper.  I am lost in the journey of the pen gliding in abandon to the paper.  The process is cathartic and soothing to my soul and balm to my spirit.  I emerge, to realize that this journey has played out in my art, my thoughts scribbled in strokes onto my paper canvas.

My tile today is done on desert storm card stock, using Micron 01 pen, pencil for shading, and white pitt pastel pen for highlights.  

I started by drawing the cross, and writing Rejoice across the top.  Then just began tangling, and finally adding the words to the cross.

I hope you are finding all of the wonderful things God has for you this Easter.  In spite of the isolation, I pray you know that He is with us.  He goes before us, and will lead us through.  He loves you, and me.  Wherever we are, whatever our past, all is forgiven if we but reach out to him.  

THAT is the good news of today's message, the Easter message of joy and hope! 

May God richly bless you, through his Son Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Your zentangle work is so inspiring. I haven't done this for a while so I appreciate the reminder of what a stress reliever it is. I'll be pulling out my supplies again soon. tfs-stay well

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God abundantly bless you dear Lynda. Your creativity is a blessing to me. Happy Blessed Easter to you and your Beautiful Family. "...I have you in my heart. " Phil.1:7

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!