Friday, April 17, 2020

Technique Junkies WWDB Challenge

Have you heard about the Technique Junkies new challenge, WWDB (What We Do Best)?   We are giving away $50 gift certificates in each of four weeks.  
Here's my card for week one.  Details are below.
TJ stamp links:  Sketched Tulip
                        Carved Relief

                        ATC Thank You

The idea of this challenge is to spread some love by making and sending cards.  Each of the four weeks of the challenge will feature a different theme.  

Week One:  4/17 - 4/23:  Thank you card:
Thank a nurse, doctor, police officer, first respondor, mail person, store clerk, or other essential worker.  The card does not need to use the words 'thank you,' but the spirit of the challenge should be there.  Entries MUST include a decorated envelope.  We don't just want to make cards, we want to send them.
You can make one or more cards, with decorated envelopes, using Technique Junkies stamps with the weekly theme.  Then post them to the TJ FaceBook Group, or email them to Pat, the owner of Technique Junkies.

Each week, one of the challenge cards will be selected RANDOMLY, and will win a $50 gift certificate to the Technique Junkies store.  So, what are you waiting for?  Let's get stamping!

You can find full details of this challenge, and the themes for the other themes on the Technique Junkies Blog HERE.

Now, for details of my card.
I stamped the Carved Relief image onto a gray card front, and onto a panel of watercolor paper.  On the watercolor paper, I stamped off two or three times, so that the image would be faint.  
 
Next, I stamped the Sketched Tulip using my Misti.  I used distress ink mini cubes to ink the image, and stamped it.  

Then I used a paint brush to add more of the ink colors from a palette of distress reinkers.  I went back and forth between stamping and painting until I achieved my desired outcome.

I stamped the ATC Thank You image, inking only part of the image, and added some black pearls, and outlined the panel with black.  
I attached the panel to the card front, and added a red twine bow.  I actually used a red permanent ink pad to die the twine red.

I did a little stamping inside, to carry the theme inward.  The You are extraordinary verse is straight.  When I put it on the block, I curved it.
INSIDE


ENVELOPE













Also, I stamped my envelope.

Don't forget to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for a 10% discount on your entire purchase, if you are doing any shopping in the Technique Junkies store.
I am entering my card in these other challenges:
CAS Watercolor  - Spring flowers
The Flower Challenge - Spring, Autumn
Make My Monday  -Spring flowers
The Color Throwdown - Colors red, gray, black, white
Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you in the challenge!

Blessings,
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely tulip card Lynda! Love the more muted grays to make the tulip stand out even more...simply beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, great use of the colors! So happy you joined us at !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty tulip card Lynda... beautiful colouring, thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Lynda! Love the red tulip with all the gray! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love your gorgeous tulip! It really pops with the gray. Thank you for playing with us at MMM and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful watercoloring on your lovely tulip Lynda! You created such depth and dimension! love the bright red with the gray. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolor this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tulip - excellent watercolouring and a great background. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!