Friday, April 24, 2020

Stamp With Pen & Ink Technique

It's week two of the Technique Junkies #WWDB What We Do Best Challenge.  Each week is a different theme, all having to do with supporting each other in the Corona virus pandemic.  Last week we thanked the front line workers.  This week we are focusing on get well wishes. 


I decided to try a pen and ink look with my stamps for this card.  I love the look of it when I draw my Zentangle designs on kraft card stock, so I thought I'd try it with my stamps.


Technique Junkies stamp links:
Poppy SD293 
Get Well Soon SDX126 

I stamped the Poppy image onto kraft card stock with VersaFine Clair ink, my go-to black stamp pad for crisp, clean images every time.  
 
I 'colored' the Poppy image with a #4B graphite pencil.  The 'B' series Faber Castell Goldfaber sketch pencils have a softer lead, and lend themselves to blending better than the 'H' pencils.  I use a tortillon (rolled paper blending stump) for blending the pencil for shading. 

For the white highlights, I use Faber Castell Pitt Pastel pencil.  I use a designated tortillon to blend the white chalk, as I don't want to contaminate it with the graphite pencil.  I stamped the Get Well Soon verse with the same black ink pad. I cut the stamp with scissors between the Well and Soon so that I have two stamps.  This way, I can stack them instead of having a long strip.  Also, I can use just the Get Well portion.  I can always stamp it all together if I need the length.

I drew the lines with a black Micron pen.

Inside:
I hope you like my card.  And I hope you will join us in this challenge to make and send cards to others during this time.  We all need to know we are needed, and cared for.  A hand-made card means so much to someone.

For details of this challenge, how to join, and how you can qualify to win a $50 gift certificate to the Technique Junkies store, see Pat's post HERE.  

And for a 10% discount on your Technique Junkies store purchases, use my code, TJ10Lynda at checkout.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  

Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!