Monday, April 20, 2020

WWDB Technique Junkies Challenge - Day Four

I'm back today with another card for the Technique Junkies WWDB (What We Do Best) Challenge, designed to honor those workers on the front lines of the Corona Virus Panemic.  This week's theme is to thank a nurse, doctor, first responder, store clerk, delivery people, law enforcement, etc.  We also need to decorate the envelope.  The idea is to make a card, but also to send a card!  
 
Here's my card and envy today.



Technique Junkies stamps:
Vintage Lighthouse 
French Text 
Always Hope 

I created the card with a soft blue/green card stock, and used bleach to 'ink' my French Text stamp, then stamped it onto the card front.  I used a sponge applicator tool to apply the bleach (which I had poured onto a saucer).  
I dipped the sponge tip into the bleach (just a wee bit of bleach, enough to show a little puddle on the saucer).
Then I dabbed it onto the stamp, and held it on the card front for about 20 seconds.  When it dried, I had white letters!

I cut another piece of the card stock, and used it as an elevated panel, then stamped the Vintage Lighthouse onto another scrap piece. 

I colored this with colored pencils, then brushed some distress inks on it for the sky and water reflection.  I had masked the lighthouse before doing this.

I used a die to cut the tag, then added it to the panel.  I also added a die cut Thanks so much verse.

Inside, I stamped the Always Hope verse on another piece of the bleached card stock, distressed the edges, and added it to the inside of the card.

That's it for today!  I hope you will join us in this challenge.  You could just win one of four $50 gift certificates to the Technique Junkies store!  You can find full details of this challenge and how to enter on Pat's post HERE.

Don't forget to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for your 10% discount on any purchases from Technique Junkies.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!